Wednesday, 30 November 2011

PureGlow or Not?

Dear Glammys!

Who does not want to have a little stardom crossed with happiness glow on their faces (aka J.Lo GLOW)? Well I want that for sure :)

A couple of months back, I bought this Neutrogena Pure Glow Illuminating 2-in-1 Wash Mask. (that's a really long name,whoa!). As the name suggests, its the 2 miracles in 1 sort of product and is a combination of a face wash + face mask. Benefits of 2 in1, smart! Ain't it. Neway...



It is supposedly the remedy for dull skin; to brighten it up and lend to it some glow. Neutrogena's website puts it as:
"This unique 2-in-1 can be used in two different ways to help skin look clean and more luminous. Use daily as a wash to remove traces of dirt, oil and make-up or as a five-minute weekly mask for a thorough cleanse, deep into pores without over drying." 
I thought to share my two cents on the product. The product is handy because it cuts down your need for carrying two products (while travelling even). So no need to buy two separate products. The product has clay-ish texture to it, pretty smooth without any granules or micro-beads to work the magic into your skin. Still its pretty effective and does exactly what a face wash is supposed to do that is remove the traces of dirt, oil and makeup (minus the waterproof mascara and liner maybe) away. It has the slightly cooling feeling on the skin (don't know if its just me or that is how it is supposed to work), so i dun recommend putting it near eyes. Good for waking you up in morning and soothing your tired skin in night. Doesn't leave your skin feeling tight which is a plus point. And I noticed that right after wash, face feels clean but even if you don't put moisturizer on, still in a very short while skin starts feeling oily again. Maybe its just me and my oil-prone skin or maybe its the luminizing factor. Cant say!

Though I do have my doubts on  making my skin "luminous" part. I did not notice it to make any remarkable difference in that category. 

Its a good face wash, but even better face mask. Oh yeah. It is good. Especially when you want your skin to get fresh and get rid of that dirt and oil; inspite of being short on time. 5 minutes, and your good to go. I like to put it on in shower, right when i apply hair conditioner, because as a matter of fact, both need 5-minute time to work. Convenience my friend, all the way. 

It has salicylic acid as one of the ingredients, which we all beauty junkies know is good for fighting acne away and keeping skin clear. And menthol - hence the cool-y tingly feeling on the skin :P

In my opinion, its pretty good wash/mask product. I havent repurchased it though as I am more fan of face washes which have beads in them :) To each its own though, you might like it better than me. Also this PureGlow range includes a Daily Warming Scrub and Daily Cleansing Cushions. (both yet to try!)

Try and decide PureGlow or Not? 

Love, Hadiya