Monday, 30 September 2013

BB Cream Hype!

Dear Glammys!

Hope you all doing fabulous :)

Today I plan to share my thoughts on much hyped foundation alternatives in form of BB Creams. By now, we've all heard about them and the markets are flooded with all sorts of BB creams claiming to be the ultimate problem solvers for skin and promising to be the best of the best. Well, I haven't tried a lot of them, but I have tried a few. And I can quite safely say I'm impressed with this one.


The great BB Cream in review today is Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector. The one I have is for Combination to Oily Skin and is in shade Light. Its also available for dry skin type.



Well this claims to be packed with solid dose of goodness and promises to do below 5. I believe it does pretty amazing job for your skin.

  • Evens Tones 
  • Hydrates
  • Renews
  • Protects
  • Brightens
The good news, apart from working as moisturiser, cover up, tint for your skin, it also has SPF. So, you don't need multiple layers. Just apply this and you can skip the rest of the slathering on steps. 

It comes in a squeezable tube as you can see below. I'm not a fan of its packaging. But the product is kind of worth the hassle.



I must say it's very runny in consistency and will never give you the chance to squeeze the product out. I would have preferred the pump on it, to make it easier to use and also so less product is wasted. Also would have made it less messier for your makeup bag. However, I don't mind cleaning the tube with tissue. 



Even though it's very runny, I like it a lot. It's very lightweight. Doesn't give you the feel that you're wearing anything on your skin, which gives your skin a chance to breathe. I wouldn't say it gives you heavy duty protection; which technically it shouldn't because its basically a tinted moisturiser. But it evens out your skin tone perfectly. Frankly, I love it sooo much I've skipped wearing foundation to weddings too. The last event I attended, I only used this on my skin along with concealer and powder. 




So, here you can see how the BB cream looks like. Yeah, scared me too that its too light. One downside, we don't have huge shade selection (only light and medium), yet still it makes up for it pretty easily as it sits on skin so perfectly and blends in so well, it goes with wide range of skin tones.

Here is a builded swatch. Looks scary.. :P



And here is the blended swatch. You can see it blends out perfectly and brightens up the skin tone.


It claims to have mineral particles in it, hence you get that glow.

For days when I'm super exhausted and dull, I just apply it all over the face very thinly, which gives me awake look and brightens the skin making it appear less dull. For normal day to day, I add a drop of it to the drop of my everyday moisturiser to make it even more light in coverage. And then set it with my L'oreal Mineral Powder in translucent. I love this product.I have noticed that it doesn't break me out and is perfect for keeping your skin looking light and fresh. It actually does very well what it claims to do. It also has SPF, which is always a plus for lazy people like me who skip the step of applying sun protection to the skin.

It's very budget friendly and is under PKR 400. Also it's very easily available all over the market. You only need very little, so a single tube will easily last you a long time. I've already purchased my second tube, I like it so much. Do give it a try and share your thoughts, Also do share if there are any other recommendations.

To read more about BB Creams, please click here..
Love, Hadiya